Families earning up to $55,000 or individuals earning up to $30,000 are eligible to take advantage of the free and confidential Tax Prep assistance at 19 sites across Chicago. Volunteer tax preparers certified through IRS-approved training will assist them with federal and state income tax returns. Most sites will be open between mid-January and mid-April.
For more information about how to access free tax assistance, Chicagoans can:
- Call the City's 311 helpline
- Visit the City's tax assistance website at www.TaxPrepChicago.org
- Visit the Center for Economic Progress at www.economicprogress.org or call (312) 252-0280
- Visit Ladder Up at www.goladderup.org or call (312) 409-4719
- Visit the IRS at www.irs.gov and type "free tax help" in the search box or call (800) 829-1040 / (800) 829-4059 (TDD)